Pat-isserie | Logo

Image description: the word PATISSERIE, the letters PAT are in blue script, while ISSERIE is in white serif letters. The word is over a black background. End description

Image description: the same word, but now is over a black block, above and under it is the drawing of a cupcake with curls on its sides, everything over a light blue background. End description

Image description: the second version of the logo edited on an actual shop sign. End description

I wanted to keep doing the 30 logos challenge, but prompts 19 and 20 are really giving me trouble, so I decided to make a totally unrelated logo and call it a day so, inspired by this amazing fic that has me obsessed titled Keep him safe (Go. Read. Now.) by @whatwashernameagain, the unnauthorized Pat-isserie logo!!

Onto the details!

  • I didn't want to use a cupcake or cake, so I googled pattiseries and lord, am I hungry.
  • Settled for a cupcake anyway because is more identificable than other baked goodies.
  • Pastel blue because Patton, that's a given.
  • The original idea was to use the cupcake to separate the word, but using different fonts seemed more natural.
  • Not so easy to spot, but the letter T has a gradient.
  • Once put together, the fonts made me think of the shows Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie, they both have animated intros, so I just went ahead and made everything else cartoon-like.
  • The things where the cupcakes are were originally intended to be iron thingies (how are they called?) but I really wanted to try my hand on a mock-up and, of course, there's no way to have something exact, so they're drawn in this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, it's free!